Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Intro post

Hey everyone!  I'm assuming you're my classmates.  If you're not in S524, then I am sure I don't know how you got here.  But maybe you'll discover a good book anyway.

My usual reading habits include a lot of fantasy (I have often joked that the best part of being a librarian is sometimes getting paid to talk about Game of Thrones with patrons), mysteries and thrillers.  I also enjoy historical non-fiction and interesting or comical memoirs.  I also read a lot of comics and graphic novels, which I know doesn't technically count as a genre.  But still.  I love the medium, so I feel the need to throw that out there.

Now that the blog is set up, the next thing will be choosing the five reading genres.  I feel an obvious choice for me will be fantasy.  I'm also thinking horror because while I do enjoy that genre in TV shows and movies, I've never been a big reader of horror novels.  And if I really wanted to push myself, I suppose I could read...a...a romance.

You know what, we have some time to choose.  No need to make drastic reading decisions yet.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janelle! I am also a Game of Thrones lover. I may have to ask you for more fantasy suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Janelle! I am also a Game of Thrones lover. I may have to ask you for more fantasy suggestions!

    ReplyDelete